1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Official Catalyst 4.9 released

Discussion in 'Games' started by Tranquility, Sep 9, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Tranquility

Tranquility Thread Starter

ATI released their official 4.9 Catalyst drivers. These are supposed to be the drivers that give you a better Doom3 performance. Anyone here can do a before and after Doom3 benchmark?

2. Skivvywaver

Skivvywaver

I did a benchmark of sorts. I used fraps before and after. There is NO comparison. The 4.9s kill any other driver in doom 3. My FPS stayed at an almost constant 60 FPS with the 4.9s. They do drop below that in some of the more intense parts of the game but for the most part 60 FPS or better. Damn these are good. Thanks for the info on the release. I am going to play some more tonite. I only played about 20 minutes but the difference is there. :) (y)

PS You don't need to bench them really, as soon as I opened the game and started playing I could feel the difference.

3. Tranquility

Sweet.
    I guess this should fix most users' Doom 3 problems when using ATI cards.
    *fingers crossed*

4. Skivvywaver

Skivvywaver

I am going to bump this one time just in case someone missed it. These are a must have for radeon users. While I don't care much for the new control panel (I removed it) this set of drivers are the best.(y)

5. Tranquility

Yeah I'm getting definitely annoyed by the control panel. The openGL app they use to demonstrate the effects of enabling visuals keeps crashing the control panel, and I feel its first and foremost for novices because I already know what the effects of enabling AA, AF and temporal antialiasing are. Also the control center keeps too many processes in memory.

The only reason I'm keeping it is for the profiles. I already have profiles associated with several games for different settings.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/272150

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice