1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Offline Files

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by sdcamp3020, May 4, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sdcamp3020

sdcamp3020 Thread Starter

I am not sure if I am in the correct forum but here is my problem. I am using Windows XP Professional and I am on a company network. My boss has been out on medical leave and took her computer home with her so she could do work while she recovers. I have access to some Excel files that are on her computer and I have been working offling in them while she has been out. This past Friday, I was sick and could not come into work but my boss was able to come in for a few hours to help out during the busy time and she worked on my computer. I came in on Monday and can no longer access the offline files I have been working in for the last three months. When I try to open a file it tells me that the file cannot be found and to check my spelling or try another path. My boss swears she changed nothing on my computer and was not able to even go into those files. Does anyone have a clue how I can access my offline files? Everything I have read states I will have to delete them but I would lose three months worth of work that I might never be able to recover. Is there any other way?

2. Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/921096

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice