1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Ogm Wut Teh

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by jedicmdrwedg, Apr 24, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. jedicmdrwedg

jedicmdrwedg Thread Starter

The buttons are all funny in my Windows windows...see the screenshot. This is all a result of me killing the ugly Windows default look thingy, with the blue and the like. Here, look at the screenshot. Note the window control buttons and the radio buttons and the scroll buttons:
    [​IMG]

2. rude

rude

How exactly did you "kill the ugly Windows default look thingy, with the blue and the like." ?

3. jedicmdrwedg

system properties -> advanced -> performance settings -> turn off "use visual styles on windows and buttons"

4. rude

rude

I'm sorry,I have to admit,I'm stumped.I have used the same customizations as you and never had that result.Maybe someone else will have some ideas but I am out of the loop on this one.

5. win98se

win98se

Blindingly obvious, but I take it that you have turn "sue visual styles and buttons" back on and tried other set styles?

6. win98se

win98se

Hmmm.. for "sue" read "set above... of course, you could always sue anyway... :)

7. jedicmdrwedg

I have turned it back on, but I'm not sure what you mean "tried other styles." I'm a winxp nubcake.

8. jedicmdrwedg

Bumped for great justice.

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/223601

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice