1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Oh My...

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by Nuke, Oct 6, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nuke

Nuke Thread Starter

My comp would use to start up/reboot to "system.exe must shut down. an error has occured."

I just kept skipping it, but after awhile my computer would freeze and oh so infamous blue screen would appear.

Argh. So using my routers, I networked my important stuff over and put onto the comp I am using right now (the comp that works, and has my stuff.)

I saved it for sure as well :)

Now I get to the point where I reformated, and it won't work. How you ask?

Well I had 98 on the comp when I got it. I downloaded a bootdisk for 98, and I deleted all the partions/reformatted.

Got that far. So now I put in my XP Pro CD, and it recognizes it. Sometimes when it says press any key to boot, I press it and it works. Then it gets to the blue screen, not THE blue screen, but the set up blue screen.

At the very bottom, it tells what's going on. I watch as it doesn't move from "Setting Up Files" (Windows Executive) so it doesn't work. Argh.

I just found out today that I need to shut down the comp for 30 seconds to a min, and boot it that way with the CD in. Then it works. Well I pass through the reader agreement all the mushy stuff. Then I click set up, and it installs it to 100% and then it goes onto a different install

Right after completing the 100% installiation, it sometimes goes to the blue screen, or the it goes into a diff installation, but during that it goes into the blue screen.

Argh, so I need to do it over again. (Boot disk and everything) but it still won't work.

Anyone :mad:

2. stod73

stod73

With that "oh so informative" thread title I was disappointed when there wasn't a link to some naughty pictures...

What kind of hard drive do you have?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/169944

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice