1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Oh no! Outlook for Office 365 contacts missing!

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by cuttlefish, Nov 2, 2019.

1. cuttlefish

cuttlefish Thread Starter

First Name:
    Ian
    ...... and not my fault!

I have been away for a week and left my Win 10 PC running although in sleep mode while I was absent. On return, I cranked it up and for a millionth of a second, up pops a message muttering something about "Install iCloud for Windows....!" Then it vanished, appeared all OK but when I went to my Outlook for Office 365, I found the "People" (contacts) all gone!

I hate iCloud and don't use it but it would appear it has something to do with my problem, maybe?

I have all my contacts synced to my iPad4 and iPhone Max and backed up to cloud and My Computer via iTunes so they are not totally lost - hope! Must be some way I can drag up these backups onto my PC Outlook program surely?

I am reasonably familiar with most of the settings for Outlook but no way can I seem to find them.

The attached pic is one of the menus I pulled up in my vain search for them ................

I try to firstly solve any issues myself before running here for help, but on Google there are squillions of posts with Users all chasing the same problem from as far back as 2006 so I'm not alone!

Appreciate a few hints where to start looking as all the solutions I have tried to date have been spectacularly unsuccessful!

Many thanks

Attached Files:

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1235111

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice