1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

oh oh oh, we love our beaver

Discussion in 'Random Discussion' started by jaye944, Apr 13, 2010.

1. jaye944

jaye944 Thread Starter

hey guys' been a lont time,

dont know if same people are on here.
    Cant remember what I've mentioned in the past
    but just wanted to update yall

remember my thread on Canada,,, which really went stupid for one reason or another..
    well heres the goss.

1> I got married to my wife (last year) who is same background as me, but board back home, Im born here in the UK, but she is a canadian citizen
    2> applied and got a familly Visa last year as well,
    3> Landed 2 weeks ago to acivate my pemanent residency, so now I'm a fully fledged landed immigrant, and legally alowed to sing the national anthem. oh oh Canada (though I prefer the rap version :) )
    4> back in the UK now as I have to tie things up.

Wife has job/house (same as me), live in Mississauga, her insurance will cover my diabetes stuff, pays 70% I think I pay the rest,

The jury is out on bringing over the Porsche, checked on insurance and not too bad as it's going as a joint insurance.
    may sell here but if I cant get a good deal, then I'll bring it over.

my house up for sale, may invest it back here, not sure yet, job sit, not sure though my company does have a place in Toronto. at worst Timmy Hortons !

Oh wife is 15 weeks pregnant, due beginining of october

Medical care is not as good as the UK I've found. and Air canada suck, not a patch on British Airways, remind me never to fly AC buiness or cattle class

My GPS worked fine, I bought the latest SIM from TomTom.

my wife learned me to drive on the road Left hand driving

got my SIN card, bank account opened, when i go back need to get my OHIP card.

5> Went for our 1st wedding anniversary to 1000 islands and went to a place and had the BEST old fasioned liver and onions with mashed potatoe & onions in the whole eitire world.

things that remind me of canada and what I did hope you recognise any of the below

the 401, mavis & Matheson (we live near there), Air canada suck, stop signs, yes you gotta stop cant just roll, driving on the left, TIMMY HORTONS, customer service at most joints great, turning right at a red light, no roundabouts, its a major PITA turning left at a intersection, 100KPH is SLOWER than 100MPH, dayem your hiways are massive, wot no red cars? first porsche meeting at chapters/starbucks queensway mall, its called a trunk and not a boot, petrol 91c's a litre and not £1.20, applebees, square one, oh its gas and not petrol

2. JustJudy

JustJudy

First Name:
    Judy
    Congrats on your move and new family! Anything you want to know about Canada can be told here: Great White North :D
    By the way, Tim Hortons (y) :)

3. katonca

katonca

Congrats on all the new "stuff" in your life. Hope your wife and up coming baby are well. I think you'll enjoy Canada. Lots of nice folks there. Remember to finish every sentence with the word, eh? Like this: Great weather eh? The Maple Leafs stunk this year eh? Canadian beer is better than American beer eh? (y) :D

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/916614

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice