1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

OIL HEATING - BIO in 28 sec

Discussion in 'Do It Yourself (Not Computer-Related)' started by Macboatmaster, Feb 4, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter Thread Starter

I have recently discovered a slight oil leak from the hydraulic ram, on my boiler, that opens the air shutter. The ram is less than one year old and was a replacement for the original, that was some ten years old, that was also leaking

It is possible to replace the seal in the ram, but I decided to simply put a new ram on. Cost to me, wholesale was at that time £16.25

I have also had to replace the oil pump, as that was not holding pressure.

What I attributed originally to the age of the components, I now realise with the failure of the relatively new ram, is in fact the BIO element in 28 sec heating oil (kerosene) in the UK and I am sure in other countries.

The rubber/nitrile seals in the components, originally supplied for my Worcester Camray are NOT BIO compatible

As explained below:

From April 2012
    Monday see’s a number of manufacturer spares price increases, among which are a couple of popular items that get a larger than average rise that we would like to specifically advise you on.
    Ferroli, Grant, Ravenheat, Riello and Sime are having a spares price increase on Monday 2nd April 2012.

The following popular Riello items are having a Part Number change and a fairly large price increase. The prices shown are the Riello list price:
    • Hydraulic Ram Short – 3006911 @ £21.75+ changes to 3020500 @ £51.12+
    • Hydraulic Ram Long – 3006499 @ £31.17+ changes to 3020444 @ £45.55+
    REILLO pumps now BIO compatible
    We are now stocking the new Bio liquid compatible versions of the Mectron and RDB Oil Pumps, and these will be supplied by default to anyone ordering these Pumps.
    You can identify the new Pumps by their part numbers and also the green collar around the shaft of the Pump.
    • Mectron Oil Pump – 20031996 (was 3020476)
    • RDB Oil Pump – 20030953 (was 3020475)
    As the leading manufacturer in oil and dual fuel burners, Riello has evaluated both technical and legal implications relating to warranty and liability of its products that have the potential to be used with heating oil blended with Bio Liquid. This lead to the publication of their general guidance notes, and since January 2011 Riello began the phase in of B10 (10% Bio) compatible materials and components into its oil and dual fuel burners production and related spare parts.
    For further information, contact Reillo or whatever other burner manufacturer applies to your oil fired boiler

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1088177

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice