1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved OK computer for w10?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by oldtee, Jun 12, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. oldtee

oldtee Thread Starter

upload_2018-6-12_7-8-14.png

In case your spectacles are in the car
    HP Compaq 6200 Pro MT Oc
    Intel core i5-2400 [email protected] ghz
    64 bit os
    8.o gb memory
    5.2 Windows experience index

Would this computer do ok on w 10 if I buy a touch screen monitor?

2. lochlomonder

lochlomonder

That depends on your definition of "ok". Will it play high-end games on max FPS settings? No, but it'll do perfectly fine for browsing websites, using office-related products, etc.

3. dckeks

dckeks

First Name:
    Darrin
  4. flavallee

flavallee Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Frank
    oldtee:

Unless you have a compelling reason to switch your HP Compaq 6200 Pro Microtower PC from Windows 7 to Windows 10, you probably should leave it as it is.

I agree with Darrin that you would have better success with doing a "clean" install instead of an "upgrade" install of Windows 10.

--------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited: Jun 12, 2018
  5. oldtee

oldtee Thread Starter

Thanks. Reason to upgrade to w10 is Microsoft ending support for W7 soon. I don't do games so the underlying question was if this computer would bog down under the increased w10 overhead. I should have known you would answer the true question and give good detailed advice. The other question I was trying to resolve is should I buy a new computer with a later Intel processor and then hand port over my files. I think I'll follow the advice of my long passed father, "Sit there son and eat your dinner. You can go play later!"

6. flavallee

flavallee Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Frank
    Support for Windows 7 doesn't end until January 2020, so there's no hurry to make the switch.
    Since you're not a gamer, your HP Compaq 6200 Pro Microtower will run Windows 10 fine with the hardware it currently has.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

123Zbyniek likes this.
  7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1211482

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice