Ok, Explain THIS W98SE shutdown sequence

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Gary R

I went to Start > Shut Down as is normal, the computer went thru its shutoff sequence and shut down --- completely, no fans, no lights, and ALL peripherals (printer, Scanner) were off --- YET there was a blinking cursor in the upper left corner of the screen!
I hit the 'On' button, restarted the computer, then when everything loaded, I shut it down as I normally do, and no cursor this time, everything was fine.

So, the question is: why was I getting the cursor with the computer/peripheral's off?

Gary R,
You should keep an eye on this, it could be a sign of the POWER SUPPLY going bad. I've seen systems where the harddrive would keep running when everything else shuts down. And the next time you shut down the PS FAN would keep running and everything else would shut down. The cure was replacing the power supply.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online