1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

ok guys....i rele need ur help with my hardware!

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by fretman08, Jan 5, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. fretman08

fretman08 Thread Starter

ok here's the deal...i upgraded my motherboard and processor recently and salvaged my buddies 160 gig sata. it is partitioned with xp and windows 7. xp doesnt work but 7 does now with the new mb and processor. my problem is im trying to download a game but i dont have enough harddrive space. how do i delete the partition and start from scratch? i already tried something off the net that said to go into some manager on my pc and delete volume?? but it didnt work. im a newb at this too so it doesnt help lol.

2. doctorzeus

doctorzeus

Go to Control Pannel->System and Security->Administrative Tools->Computer Management

Then Click on the "Disk Management" tab...you should see the drive partitioned, right click on the XP partion and click "Delete Volume" then right click on the Windows 7/Primary Partion and click "Extend Volume" and extend it into the XP Partion..

I'm assuming that you are using the 160gig sata HD as your primary and only Hard Drive..

Hope This Helps!

Doctorzeus

3. fretman08

fretman08 Thread Starter

i tried this already but the option to delete volume was not in bold text it was in gray and wouldnt let me...any ideas?

4. doctorzeus

doctorzeus

A screenshot would be brilliant :)

5. fretman08

fretman08 Thread Starter

lol idk how to do that...basically it shows that i have the option to delete volume but it wont let me...and sorry for not being savy. if u could tell me how to screen shot also that would b great.

6. doctorzeus

doctorzeus

There should be a button on your keyboard that says something like "Prt Sc" or "Print Screen", bring up the Disk Management form and press the button while its in view..it should have copyed it to the clipboard so go into paint or something and press Ctrl-v to paste it in...then save and upload as attatchment :)

I dunno the layout of your keyboard but I also have to push a "fn" (function) button on mine to use it but thats usally only on laptops so you should be right :)

Doctorzeus

7. fretman08

fretman08 Thread Starter

ok awesome! thanks. i wont b able to until around 10 tonight (central standard time) because im at work...so hopefully u will still b able to help me with this!

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!