OK, why are the lights on my keyboard flashing after I shut down?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.
Hey Arhay7,

If you're using a usb keyboard, here is the answer:
Some motherboards and devices keeps giving power to USB ports after shut down.
So it's nothing wrong with the computer.

arhay7

No, I shut it down.

And it doesn't do that when it hibernates, just frequently crashes when it comes out of hibernation.

Either you have lil gremlins inside or your keyboard drivers need updating.

The lights will go off if you completely switch off the computer, mains plug out, of course. If not its the gremlins.

Try up2date drivers.
What is the name of your keyboard (not "Damn thing" as you may call it now) its product title ?

arhay7

Yes, if I shut off the power supply switch it stops. How do I fix my keyboard driver.

I remember doing that in windows 3.1

Not sure about Win 7 but here is what you do in Vista, try it anyhoo..Go into device manager, scroll to keyboards (or input devices) Right click your keyboard, update software.

Then perhaps you'll have to accept that this is a sign of your aged keyboard about to join the celestial input devices in the sky.
Maybe its crying to be released from its mortal coil by giving you these flashing lights.

So before it dies just when your telling that someone special you love them.... have a new one standing by :)

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online