1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Okay its embarrasing but...

Discussion in 'Digital Photography & Imaging' started by [email protected], Feb 6, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Bruhahn5565@

[email protected] Thread Starter

Okay, I admit,, I am a cheapskate. I bought the little $20 camera from Walmart,,,Ok, I just need something to get me buy for my auction pics till I sell something and can go buy a "real camera".. Anyway, Im running XP. Its a Vivitar Vivicam 3500. I downloaded the drivers, etc. rebooted..etc. Plugged the camera in with pictures in it,,etc... I keep getting "camera connection error" or something like that. I have check the usb and its plugged in correctly, etc. Anyway I can make this cheap thing work since I had to rip the package to smitherenes to get it out and to take it back?? Ummmm, I think that is enough info for one of you smart folks to tell me what to do.... :D

2. buck52

buck52 Banned

You expect it to work for $20...

looks like about a $100 + camera...

at least one review I read says it doesn't work with XP

buck

3. Bruhahn5565@

Yah, sure it should work...LOL. The one I had before this one was the same price and it worked!!! Yah, Ive been googling a lot on this today and I keep coming up with lots of different varieties of this camera.. So,,, guess I may be getting the tape out to seal this thing back up.

4. Bruhahn5565@

Oh forgot, I thought about XP too but it says it works on XP right on the package,,, I checked....

5. angel

angel

I kinda chuckled when I found the following on VIvitar's site as the answer to the first FAQ for this camera (guessing this is a common prob???):

If you are having connection problems getting your computer to recognize your digital camera or downloading images, Vivitar recommends a simple and quick alternative.

Connection and download problems can be caused by a variety of reasons like compatability issues, your computer settings, software/firmware differences, and various operating systems.

For an easy alternative to camera connection issues and image downloading, Vivitar recommends that you use a memory card in your camera and get a corresponding card reader.
    (Vivitar does not sell memory cards or readers. These items can be purchased from most stores that sell digital cameras like, Walmart, Target, Circuit City, Best Buy and others)​

6. angel

angel

Reviews I've found online state that many haven't been able to get it to work with XP at all and that USB is not an option on this camera - serial (RS232) only. Wonder if there are different "generations" of this model?

7. Bruhahn5565@

Hi, well I did give up and take this camera back. I opted to not be such a cheap skate and bought a polaroid digital at Walmart. It is a $89 I got for $77. It works great!!! So no more problems with the camera.

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/327367

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice