1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

OKI drums. I don't want to replace them

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Dave75, Apr 9, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dave75

Dave75 Thread Starter

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
    OS Version: Microsoft Windows XP Professional, Service Pack 3, 32 bit
    Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q6600 @ 2.40GHz, x86 Family 6 Model 15 Stepping 11
    Processor Count: 4
    RAM: 2046 Mb
    Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce 210, 1024 Mb
    Hard Drives: C: Total - 152617 MB, Free - 82179 MB; E: Total - 610477 MB, Free - 306900 MB;
    Motherboard: Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd., G41M-Combo
    Antivirus: AVG AntiVirus Free Edition 2013, Updated: Yes, On-Demand Scanner: Enabled

My Problem
    Printer Okidata C5650 age 5 years. Good quality network laser.
    Printer performance still as good as new. Has printed about 13,000 black and 7000 color.
    Has 3 color and 1 black roll. All look perfect.
    Printer has been giving me warnings to order new rolls for past year. For all 4 rolls.
    I have ignored this.
    Cost of 4 rolls is almost as great as that of a new comparable printer so I decided
    to keep using it till something failed and it became unusable. Then scrap it.
    On present performance it could last for years.

Now, OKI message for the cyan roll says "Replace Image Drum 562:C Drum Life"
    This is no longer just a suggestion or a warning. The printer simply won't go at all.
    The ON switch starts it up but OKI have shut it down internally so it won't print.
    I have tried fooling it by switching it on and off, taking the roll out and putting it back etc.
    No go. I guess the roll has exceeded its "recommended number of pages."
    Fine, a useful hint for me to plan for the future, but hey, it's my printer, not theirs
    and if I want to keep using these rolls at my risk, it is not for them to tell me I can't.

I asked my suppliers here in New Zealand how to tell the printer to stop complaining
    and get on with its job. Maybe reset the roll page counters, perhaps to nil or just ignore them.
    They sympathized, but said they didn't know how to.

Can anybody please help me.

2. Netghost56

Netghost56

3. Dave75

Dave75 Thread Starter

Thaks NetGhost, I will keep looking

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1095604

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice