1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

OL2000: addresses lost at upgrade

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by MWestholm, Apr 15, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MWestholm

MWestholm Thread Starter

I have just upgraded from Outlook Express (2000) to Outlook 2000. During the upgrade, I was asked if I wanted to import the adresses from Outlook Express into Outlook, which I answered yes to. The Address Book (or is it called the "contacts folder"?) that I had in OE contained subfolders. The address book in OL that I now have only contains the addresses that were in the "root folder" of my OE addres book. The strange thing is that also the address book that is in OE has lost the information that was in the subfolders.

I'm pretty sure this happened in the upgrade. I must admit that I did not have a look in the OE address book just before the upgrade, but I must have been there pretty recently, and I can't see any other reason for this than the upgrade.

Does anybody know what could have happened?

I do have a backup that I made just before the upgrade, so I assume it must be possible to get the adresses back somehow, but I don't know of any good way.

The best would of course be to get them from the backup into OL, but even if I can only get them back into OE, this would be a great improvement.

Regards
    Mats

2. SemmySweet

SemmySweet

Mats,
    I'm unsure as to what you're asking. Are you saying that you lost your address book?

3. MWestholm

MWestholm Thread Starter

There still is an address book. This address book does however only contain the "root folder" of the former address book, and only the addresses that were in this "root folder". The former address book contained subfolders, and these are gone together with all the addresses that were in these subfolders.

Mats

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!