1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Old and New cpu trouble

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by ThePowers95, Nov 24, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ThePowers95

ThePowers95 Thread Starter

Hello. I am having this issue that is bugging the hell out of me. I recently bought a new cpu today. Ryzen 7 2700x. I brought it home and took out my ryzen 5 1600x and put it the new one and new heatsink. No bios popped up so i looked online. Said i needed to reset cmos so i took out the battery for 10 mins and put it back in. Same issue. So i kept looking and saw that i needed to update bios. I thought that putting in the old cpu would let me access bios and i put it in and the same issue is now happening. Now i cannot access bios to update it and neither cpu is working. The heat up so it is getting power but they are not starting bios. Please help guys.

Specs
    Psu: tx750 corsair
    Gpu: 1080 geforce
    Mobo: b350 tomahawk
    2 8 gigs of vengeance pro corsair ddr4

Please help.

2. tecknurd

tecknurd

Option 1
    Take out video card and re-insert it.

Option 2
    Take out memory and re-insert it.

A motherboard speaker does help to diagnose simple problems, so you don't have to do trial-n-error. Most cases don't come with them anymore. Then find the BIOS beep error codes for your motherboard manufacturer.

Motherboard speaker - https://www.amazon.com/SoundOrigina...ocphy=9030159&hvtargid=pla-571699405678&psc=1

There is CMOS reset pins on the motherboard that you could use. You will need either a flat head screwdriver or a jumper. It will need a second to short these pins and the BIOS is reset. Only doing this when the computer is off and it is disconnected from any power source like AC or Li-ion battery pack. Don't need to take the CMOS battery out to reset the BIOS. It can be done this way, but you don't know how long it will take.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1219521

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice