1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Old Asus power problem?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Promythius106, Jul 14, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Promythius106

Promythius106 Thread Starter

I got this old Asus gaming desktop. And it'll turn on, but the USB ports don't work right. The mouse and keyboard won't turn on. When I gol it up to a monitor, it says the computer is asleep. And I have no idea what's wrong with it

2. apusta90

apusta90

First Name:
    Apusta Wenlock
    Pls elaborate more about your Gaming Desktop.

3. Promythius106

Promythius106 Thread Starter

I don't know what the problem is. The USB pots seem to have a shirt or something. And I have no way to wake the computer up. When it's hooked up to the monitor. It doesn't say no input. It says no power from input. When I plug in a mouse. It flashes the red laser on the bottom for a split second. And that's it

4. lunarlander

lunarlander

What is the model of this Asus desktop ?

Try a PS2 mouse and PS2 keyboard, if you still have those lying around. That will bypass any USB component failing.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1229965

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice