1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

old computer help

Discussion in 'Networking' started by llee0814, Feb 8, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. llee0814

llee0814 Thread Starter

should I add new hard drive or or just more memory to my 7 year old dell computer? i have win98 and want to network with dsl. im afraid if i try w/out upgrade it wont work?

2. StumpedTechy

StumpedTechy

If your PC is running windows 98 adding networking compionents does not require any type of upgrade if you already have the Ethernet card in and the TCP/IP loaded.

Normally Harddrive upgrades are dependant upon HDD useage if your HDD is full then yes upgrade to a larger one. RAM is one of those things you can never have too much of (With Win 98 though you stop seeing the benifits at about 512 to 1 ghz) so if you have 512 don't do that upgrade. Ram will not all of a sudden make it so you can network your PC however.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/328097

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice