1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

old email addresses

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by birdbath20, Nov 1, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. birdbath20

birdbath20 Thread Starter

Hello,

I have Netscape 7, Netscape Communicator, Internet Explorer and Firefox
    installed on my Compaq XP.

When I prepare an email draft(always using Netscape 7), I get multiple popup addresses for folks (even if I have deleted their old addys from all the programs above). I like it if my friends have multiple addys and I can choose one, but
    if the addy is old or not in use any longer, it keeps being listed for selection. How do I eliminate it for good?

I have gone thru each browser and tried to eliminate all old addresses but
    they keep showing up on my draft anyway. Whatamigonnado?

2. raikhi

raikhi

Here is something. But please remember that it erases all such memory, initially, depending upon your selections. If you choose to disable autocomplete options but want the computer to retain any other passwords or login names, you will need to reCHECK the options again.

Do the following: IE\Tools\Internet Options\Content\AuroComplete\. Here you will have options to CLEAR FORMS and CLEAR PASSWORDS. You can select either of those or both. That should take care of it for now.

The options should be seff-explanatory.

R

3. birdbath20

birdbath20 Thread Starter

Thanks, but I do want to retain some/most addresses. I just want to delete the ones which are old or no longer in use.

4. raikhi

raikhi

Sorry, I am not aware of any. However, if you dont think it is too much of trouble, and the number of email addresses you frequently use is not too many, just clear forms in autocomplete and your computer will start remembering the next time you type them.

It is just a suggestion. Or wait and see if somebody else knows something about doing it.

R

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/291306

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice