Old Gaming PC doesnt boot after basic Air cleaning

KalEL101

I have an old gaming pc that my GF uses and she wanted me to adjust her setup for work, so I decided to just clean some of the dust in the computer because it hasn't been cleaned in a long time.

I used a EasyGo compucleaner 2.0 that i got on Amazon. Its amazing for removing dust. I recently bought it and cleaned my newer pc with it without issues. After doing a basic clean of about 5 to 10mins id say, I set the computer back up and it just doesn't boot at all anymore.

I'm not a big PC expert but I checked the cabling and such the best I can, everything appears to be connected as was before. Is there any advice or solutions anyone can think of? I have no idea why using this air pressure cleaner would cause an issue like this.

Gr3iz

Mark
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
Hello and welcome to TSG!!

Does the PC do anything at all? Any fans, lights, beeps, anything?

You can try to unplug and reseat any/all cables internally, HDD/SSD cables, power cables, etc. Remove and reseat all the RAM modules and adapter cards.

Fireflycph

Morten
As an addition to what Mark said. Which are all the right things. You may want to disconnect everything (except CPU). Reseat RAM and especially power connectors and try to boot with one device connected at a time. It may show you which, if any device, is causing this. It's also possible that the Power Supply has died.
If none of the above gives you a POST screen, then try a different power supply.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online