1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Old graphics adapter/cannot change resolution

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by firebabe, Apr 6, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. firebabe

firebabe Thread Starter

I am using a very old computer ,it is only for a temporary time.It is aprox 10 or more years old.Its graphics card isnt even a card ,system device calls it an adapter.It is a SiS 5598/6326,When I had win98se,you could change the
    screen resolution,but now that I have xp it wont budge,it stays at,
    640 by 480 pixels,HIGH 24 bit.There are no drivers for xp for this old graphics adapter.Im I doomed until I get a new computer?Oh yes the moniter is very small too so the large resolution makes it a pain in the computer world hehe.

2. CouchMaster

CouchMaster

I don't even see how you got XP to run on a 10 year old computer, and I say run lightly - it's probably more like a crawl! But, to answer the question I'm gonna say You're Doomed!!!!!!!!! Until you get the new computer..........

3. sinsation

sinsation

I'd remove the card and test the on-board.

4. firebabe

firebabe Thread Starter

Hehe!! I have my secrets! how I can run xp on 64 ram...I turned off the fancy xp look and made it look like a better looking version of winme,thus freeing up the Ram.and yeah it dont crawl!I am hoping for a way around this for now

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/350220

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice