1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Old headers pop up in double-sided Word 2010 file

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by Shookme, Nov 7, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Shookme

Shookme Thread Starter

I am using Word 2010. I created two double sided templates. the first with no colors in the H/Fs. The 2nd has colors in H/Fs.

I took the first no color template and created the one with color. Now when I go to insert a section break at the end of the colorful template (4th section) the old no color footer pops in. It happens when inserting a page break or odd section break. When I insert an even section break I get the current odd footer (but the next page needs to be even).

I tried deleting the old header and footer and replacing them with the correct ones. I also right clicked and selected "remove header/footer" but it didn't make any difference.

Is there a way to clean out these old headers and footers? (I checked they are not in my building blocks for inserting h/fs either). This template will be distributed to multiple authors and it would be better to have nothing appear than some old header/footer design.​

2. DaveBurnett

DaveBurnett Account Closed

Try them on a different machine that never had the headers/footers in the first place (and not on the same network)

3. md2lgyk

md2lgyk

Dealing with header and footers was the most frustrating thing in Word when I was still working as a writer. I'm interested to know why DaveBurnett thinks using a different computer is going to do anything toward solving your problem.

4. DaveBurnett

I was wondering if it was including something from somewhere else on that machine.
    I was just trying to narrow things down.

5. md2lgyk

md2lgyk

OK, I get that. Wasn't doubting your expertise; just curious.

6. DaveBurnett

That's OK! No offence taken. I'm of the Sherlock Holmes School: "When all else has been eliminated........"

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!