Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Old headers pop up in double-sided Word 2010 file

736 views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  DaveBurnett 
#1 ·
I am using Word 2010. I created two double sided templates. the first with no colors in the H/Fs. The 2nd has colors in H/Fs.

I took the first no color template and created the one with color. Now when I go to insert a section break at the end of the colorful template (4th section) the old no color footer pops in. It happens when inserting a page break or odd section break. When I insert an even section break I get the current odd footer (but the next page needs to be even).

I tried deleting the old header and footer and replacing them with the correct ones. I also right clicked and selected "remove header/footer" but it didn't make any difference.

Is there a way to clean out these old headers and footers? (I checked they are not in my building blocks for inserting h/fs either). This template will be distributed to multiple authors and it would be better to have nothing appear than some old header/footer design.​

#3 ·
Dealing with header and footers was the most frustrating thing in Word when I was still working as a writer. I'm interested to know why DaveBurnett thinks using a different computer is going to do anything toward solving your problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.