1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Old HP Pavilion a520n does not turn on nothing runs

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by br52zy, May 10, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. br52zy

br52zy Thread Starter

Old Hp Pavilion a520n does not turn on nothing runs. There is 110 vAC to the power cable. How do I open the cabinet I have removed the 2 thumb screws on the right rear panel.

2. flavallee

flavallee Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Frank
    The HP Pavilion a520n Desktop PC was introduced in early 2004, so it's about 15 years old.

Without being there to see it, it's pretty much impossible to determine why it won't power on and run.

----------------------------------------------------------------

3. lynx1021

lynx1021

"How do I open the cabinet I have removed the 2 thumb screws on the right rear panel." It should slide back. On something that old it is probably the power supply.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1226983

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice