Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

old HP Vectra will only wake from standby by pushing the power button

682 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  columbo 
#1 ·
Not sure if this is an XP issue or with the chipset/MOBO. I've never encountered a computer that would not wake from standby by pressing a key on the keyboard or moving the mouse.

Anyone know how to get it to do so? SiSoft Sandra says this is an HP VLi8, and that the chipset is an Intel 82443BX/ZX 440BX.

I'm using a PS/2 KB and a PS/2 mouse on it. A USB KB does the same thing...no wakey.

#2 ·
aerotive said:
Not sure if this is an XP issue or with the chipset/MOBO. I've never encountered a computer that would not wake from standby by pressing a key on the keyboard or moving the mouse.

Anyone know how to get it to do so? SiSoft Sandra says this is an HP VLi8, and that the chipset is an Intel 82443BX/ZX 440BX.

I'm using a PS/2 KB and a PS/2 mouse on it. A USB KB does the same thing...no wakey.
Hey,

If you go into Control Panel > Keyboard > Hardware > Properties > Advanced Power Management, do you have a checkmark next to the box that says "Allow this device to bring the computer out of standby"?

This should be enabled by default, but just in case it isn't....

Otherwise, you could go to the HP website and see if there is a BIOS update or other software patch available that might correct this problem; Could also check their support documentation to see if this problem is discussed.

I know that some older machines do not support ACPI, so that might also be the case...

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.