1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Old Items in context menu

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by bgfunk76, May 1, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. bgfunk76

bgfunk76 Thread Starter

When I right click a file within the desktop or just Windows Explorer in general I have a few things in the context menu that I have uninstalled but stay in the menu. I've already cleaned the registry with RegCleaner and RegSeeker but the items still remain in my context menu. How do I get rid of these things?

2. bgfunk76

bgfunk76 Thread Starter

3. Claymore

Claymore

This came up a couple of days ago. Here's the link:

Context menu

Luck!

4. bgfunk76

bgfunk76 Thread Starter

Mucho Gracias Claymore

5. bgfunk76

bgfunk76 Thread Starter

Ok- I spoke to soon. I still have two programs that are not installed on my system anymore but are still showing up in my context menu. One is JetStart and the other is Xplorer2. I deleted a few things with the Context Menu Editor program that was suggested but these particular entries didn't show up in the list of things that I could delete. Any other suggestions?

6. stantley

stantley

7. bgfunk76

bgfunk76 Thread Starter

OK-I tried you're suggestion but some of the entries in the registry were far from identifiable. I did, however, solve my problem. I opened RegCleaner again and there was a Shell Extensions tab in the program where I could go through the list and find these entries fairly easily. I guess I missed this before. Thank you for the help. Here's a link to RegCleaner just in case someone else has this problem. The program isn't free anymore but I found a link to the last free version. http://www.aplusfreeware.com/categories/LFWV/RegCleaner.html

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/463949

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice