1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Old monitor (another viewing area prob)

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by userdefine, Apr 6, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. userdefine

userdefine Thread Starter

I have a really old 14" Tandon monitor. Windows only uses about 4/5 of the monitor screen. Unlike any modern monitors I have used, it has no means to stretch / move etc. the useable screen area (by way of buttons or wheel on monitor itself). I have been looking for a driver to install (I am just using windows standard one) that may give me these options. However, I can find nothing about this monitor online, the company dont even seem to have a website.

Is there anything I can do? I currently use a screen area of 640x480 because if I try 800x600 it uses even less of the screen and appears very squished.

I am using win98SE and the display adapter is Cirrus Logic 546X 1.71h if thats important.

Thanks

2. griffinspc

griffinspc

3. rmay635703

rmay635703

If you don't want to mess inside the screen about all you can do is LOWER the refresh rate as low as possible.

Also sometimes on the back there is a series of holes that you can turn and adjust the horizontal width with a screwdriver.

800x600 * 56hz should be best for that monitor.

If that is the screen I'm thinking of you should be able to use 1024x768 if you set your refresh to 87hz interlaced.
    (this will make the screen area larger as the drive rate is lower, counterintuative I know)

Good Luck

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/217752

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice