Old motherboard chocies

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

dannyboyfx

i am going to buy a mobo off of E-Bay.

There are a few choices,
P2L97 - ASUS slot 1 $1.25
(I think this only supports a PII)
Gigabyte GA-6BXC ATX Motherboard Slot 1 $10

COMPAQ INTEL MOTHERBOARD SLOT 1 3 PCI 1 AGP 3 EISA $1
( i think this only supports a PII)

ASUS P3B-F Slot 1 ATX AGP PII PIII Motherboard 64 MB Ram $10

I am sure prices are going to change, have 2 days on the last asus, 4 on the rest. have any of these. Know that some are just kinda strange. Can i overclock any of them. I am getting a P3 slot 1 @600mhz.

Thank you

Got links to them? Are those starting prices? Because if they are, it'll most likely get a lot higher than that...the bids typically go a lot higher in the last few minutes of the auction.

My vote would be the ASUS P3B-F. That was a super nice motherboard in it's day. Very stable and I've personally had very good look with all that I ever used to build PCs.

I would stay away from the compaq. It is a very good possibility that only compaq parts will work with it, including the power supply.

Triple6

Rob
That Gigabyte board is a piece of junk, I know I've used one. The Compaq board is properitary most likely and if it isn't its not going to be a good board. So that leaves the ASUS boards and the P3B-F is far superior P2L97 board. The P3B-F with the latest BIOS will handle any Celeron with a 66/100Mhz FSB up to 1100Mhz and any PIII with a 66/100Mhz FSB up to 1.0Ghz. No support for 133Mhz FSB PIII's.

Actually, the board that the processor used to be in was an Asus P2L97, so it will definitely work with that one...if the P3B-F is better though, then go with that...

It's going to get a lot higher than that, most of the bidding will still take place within the last few minutes...

PIII's are still being used a lot, so don't expect the good motherboards to be dirt cheap....

dannyboyfx

okay, i got the P3B for 24.50 + shipping. Thanks, i was about to get the gigabyte. are all their motherboards that bad, or just the early ones?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online