Solved Old-new computer not starting

Barooshka

I just bought a new motherboard for our old computer. I put in a RAM and CPU from another computer (around 4 years old). There is one HDD plugged in without OS installed. So besides very old 350W PSU (12 years?) and the case there's nothing left from the grandpa computer.

Now when I press the power button the computer starts the fans and an orange light on mb lights up, power led is green (as always), HDD led is off but monitor stays in stand-by mode and doesn't even show booting sequence (that might or might not be happening). I tried another monitor that I know is working but the outcome is the same.

Any suggestions on what could be causing this would be appreciated!

Oddba11

Jim
Likely not completing POST. Which would indicate a hardware issue. Incompatible or faulty hardware.

List all of the hardware being used (brand and model).

Barooshka

I put the PC apart and then back together again and this solved my problem. It was probably loose cable or one of the components... I can't say for sure.
Thanks for the advice anyway!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online