Old specs...

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Zodiac

Hi, Im wanting to dabble a bit into Linux, just for testing check it out and all. Well I want to install it on my old Pentium MMX 200 with 96Mb RAM. Ive been told to look for something like Red Hat 3.0 or so. I'd like some opinions on what version would work well on that machine, and where to find it. Thanks!

I highly recommend Mandrake 7.1 and up.What kind of video card do you have?Is this a stand alone or dual-boot?
lynch

I have found Slackware to be very efficient on very modest hardware (even less than what you mention) but you will likely have to get your hands dirtier during installation and configuration. You can find many Linux distributions available for download at www.linuxiso.org.

Hope this helps.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online