old video cards- throw them out?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Kerri Ann

ive got two video cards that are as far as i can tell, very old- ones a mach 64 - i guess the model # is 113-33206-100
or maybe its 210888GX00. the copyright on it is 1996 though.
the other one is a matrox mga and i think the model is 2064W-R2.
(1996 also)
i dont know anything about cards, but im assuming these are ancient, am i right?

you are right!!!. there is no way these old video cards can be used now. last year i bought ATI RADIEON 8500 in May 2002. last week when i went to Fry's store i could not see this product. this is outdated now. but it works fine for me. i do not play games.
not much worried about 3D images.

FWIW,

A search on Google indicates the Mach 64 device seems to be from '98.

There might be a hospital / care home that may have a use for them but other than that they're probably not worth hanging onto.

Noooo, don't throw them out, I'll take them..

I'm sure I could set up a spare folding rig with them or something....

Originally posted by Ashok
last year i bought ATI RADIEON 8500 in May 2002. last week when i went to Fry's store i could not see this product.
Actually it's a perfectly fine card for gaming at the present time. It's not going to max out your frame rate in anything new, but it will do for modern games for the most part. I've got one (Free from a friend who got a 9800 Pro, though I made a $30 donation to his cause since it was replacing my GF2 MX400).

Old cards are handy to keep if only for testing purposes if your rig starts to go wonky.

I have 2 TNT2 cards one is a M64 16meg the other is a Pro 32meg. Also have a GF3 Ti500 and an old Voodoo3 laying around. Never know when I might actually need one.

I would have thought you would have a lot of interest on eBay for the GF3 ti500, that is still a nice card.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online