1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Old Windows Games

Discussion in 'Games' started by Staceyjo, Jan 17, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Staceyjo

Staceyjo Thread Starter

Unwilling to completely give up on the simple Windows games I love (Rattler Race, Chip's Challenge, etc.) I have Windows 8.1 but I am unable to play them on this computer.

Any hints would be appreciated.

Tom

2. valis

valis Moderator

3. Super-D-38

Super-D-38

4. Staceyjo

Staceyjo Thread Starter

That's a step in the right direction but I was thinking about some sort of patch or workaround. The link you provided helped, at least, to confirm that there are just some programs that have, thanks to the advancement of certain OS's, gone the way of the dinosaur and though I am, by no means, an expert, it's hard to imagine that there's not some way to play these old Windows games. I know there's DOSBox and the like but is there not some similar program that would so the same for Windows 3.1 games.

I only say this as I've found a site that specializes solely in these games (http://www.download-central.ws/Win16/Games/) and I find it hard to believe that all of these games are totally unplayable now - at least on my system.

Thanks Ever So for all the help so far.

The quest goes on

Tom

5. Staceyjo

Staceyjo Thread Starter

Yes. That's a great site, and one I've bookmarked, but I still have a fondness for the Windows version of the game (Rattler Race) and find it a shame that, due to Windows 8.1, I might never play that game again.

Thoughts?

Tom

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1141409

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice