1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

older D850GB Intel MOBO and 8x AGP

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by ez112, Aug 16, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. ez112

ez112 Thread Starter

I made this system myself and haven't been able to get any video up. I bought a DDR 128 MG RAM GeForce FX card, and it's 8X AGP, but I think the requirements don't say anything about going that high.

Question is, can a TOO good video card like that not allow me to see anything? DO I have to downgrade to something else to see something. I mean they systems sounds like it's running, but I can't see anything.

Any advise would be good since, I haven't gotten a reply at ALL.... :(

2. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    AGP 8X is backward compatible with 2X and 4X - but the board must support 1.5V cards, if it ONLY supports 3.3 V cards it will not work.

There are compatiblity issues between some cards and some motherboards, sometimes a BIOS update is needed.

Also make sure the card is seated correctly in the slot.

I assume this system worked with another AGP video card?

3. ez112

ez112 Thread Starter

I'm not sure, I never never got it to work.

I returned my newer GeForce FX card, because more than likely it would have never worked.

So we'll see what an older GeForce 4 can do to this.

How can I update the BIOS, though? I mean the computer has never been used, and I don't have an operating System, nor can I SEE ANYTHING! lol

4. ez112

ez112 Thread Starter

WHOO HOO!

I used a 2X 4X GeForce 4 and the video popped right up...everything thing is great in ez112 land!

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/156508

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice