Older HP desktop will not boot up

LJL

I have an older HP desktop. It powers up but will not boot up. The coin battery was dead and I replaced it with a new one. Didn't help at all. Is there a way I can jump the PSU? It's an HP Pavilion a6750f. I just need it to boot up one more time. I have many family photos and videos in Picasa and on my start up page. I like to put them on a SanDisk and transfer them to a newer computer. Please walk me through it. IMG_20211223_203042582.jpg

plodr

Liz
You posted in other operating systems. Since you mentioned Picassa, I'm inclined to think this computer from 2008 is running some version of Windows. What version of Windows so the post can be moved to the proper section of the forum?

Your best bet is to wait a few days and get a new power supply. You can't jump a power supply as you can a car battery.

You can also remove the hard drive and attach it by an adapter to a working computer.
Then you'd open Windows Explorer, find the files you want and move them to either the working computer or an external hard drive also connected to the working computer.

flavallee

Frank
Trusted Advisor
The HP Pavilion a6750f Desktop PC is more than 13 years old and appears to have come with Windows Vista.

When was the last time you used yours and it was working okay?

As Liz already suggested, removing its hard drive and connecting it to a working computer is the best way to retrieve your old photos.

-------------------------------------------------

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online