1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Older Printer Fonts No Longer Available

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by bobbi, Jan 14, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bobbi

bobbi Thread Starter

Hi

Not sure this is the right place to post this but here's the problem. Our older printers HPLJ4's etc. had a font called CG Times. Several of our people did documents in this font and really like it. We have placed new printers over time and the CG Times font is no longer available. We found that if you connect to a LJ4 and make it your default you'll have the font available. But if you go back to a default printer that doesn't have it, you lose it.

Making your default the LJ4 but remembering to change to your own printer before you print is WAY too complicated for many of our users...I'm sure you understand. I'd like to have the CG Times font for them, but when I go to download sites you have to pay for it. Doesn't seem right when I have it for free on the HP4.

Any ideas how I can get this font?

Thanks
    Bobbi:rolleyes:

2. jigoman

jigoman

CG Times is available as both a 'True Type' font, which you can install on any workstation (available from some sites for free) and also as a 'Printer Font' which I believe is intrinsic to your HPLJ4 driver.

That said, I tried installing the 'True Type' version on a W2K but documents previously created with the 'Printer Font' version didn't like it. So I ended up trashing this version. My problem is that even with an LJ4 connected as my default printer, I'm not able to use CGTimes on this W2K machine. So, can anyone advise on how to install this font as a Print Font?

Do I need to update the latest driver from HP?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/113230

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice