1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Older TV tuner _ having issues reinstalling

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by hawkeye, Apr 27, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hawkeye

hawkeye Thread Starter

I have a Hauppauge WinTV - PVR 500MCE Version 2.9 from 2005 and I am trying to reinstall it back into my PC(Dell Media Center Edition) after a very long time has passed. I am having a problem to say the least.
    When I go into Media Center it is giving me a message that "Your WinTV model type can not be determined or appears to be unsupported. Please make sure the unit has the drivers installed and it is plugged in (if USB)"
    I went into Divice Manager and Tuner #1 has an "!" (in yellow) and I tried to update the drivers and got the message "Wizzard could not find a better match". Tuner #2 gave me the same message "Wizzard could not find a better match".
    I inserted the Hauppauge CD - went to setup and I get the same driver message that I received from Media Center. Sounds like a driver issue.

Now way back when I first installed the program and the hardware (it did work at one time) I recall that there were some issue in regard to Media Center or maybe it was Service Pack for the Pc. I hate to go out and replace the tuner card with a new one when I have this one installed and it did work at one time. I am sure that there have been quite a few changes in my computer since the first install but anyone out there have any advice for me. I am using the following PC

Windows XP
    Media Center Edition
    Version 2002
    Service Pack 3
    Dell Dimension 8400
    Pentium 4CPU 3.20
    3.19 GHz 2.00 GB Ram

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/919641

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice