1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Oldest restore point always gets corrupted, Cut & paste crashes Windows Explorer

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by erics78, Jan 15, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. erics78

erics78 Thread Starter

I'm having a couple of problems with Windows 7 Home Premium x64. The first one is an ongoing issue that has existed since I first purchased this laptop, a Portege R705-P35 (HDD replaced with 256GB Torqx SSD). Approximately 1-2 weeks following a rollback with System Restore, or a full OS restore from an Acronis True Image 2010 archive, Windows Explorer will suddenly stop responding during an attempt to copy & paste a file(s) from the desktop to another folder; after Explorer restarts, cut & paste succeeds on the second attempt. It doesn't start happening constantly after the first incidence (it is totally at random), but it does increase in frequency.

The second issue is newer, having existed for about a month: the oldest System Restore point always gets corrupted. Whenever I empty out my restore points following a significant change, I now start out with two restore points, and let the first one serve as a sort of buffer. Still, I am extremely anal about system stability, and find this less than acceptable.

I have attached event logs for both incidents. SFC isn't finding any problems, and malware scans come up clean as always. Any help would be appreciated, but I'd much prefer a "patch and move forward" solution, involving a targeted fix; starting from scratch is overkill for minor issues like these IMO, as Windows will eventually find another way to break itself. Everything else works flawlessly at the moment; it's just these two, little bugs annoying me to no end. Thanks in advance!

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.1
    OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium , 64 bit
    Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i3 CPU M 370 @ 2.40GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 37 Stepping 5
    Processor Count: 4
    RAM: 3824 Mb
    Graphics Card: Intel(R) HD Graphics, 1720 Mb
    Hard Drives: C: Total - 65535 MB, Free - 35773 MB; D: Total - 177058 MB, Free - 46069 MB;
    Motherboard: TOSHIBA, Portable PC, Version A0, 0000000000
    Antivirus: None

Attached Files:

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/974903

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice