1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

oleaut32.dll cannot be copied

Discussion in 'Earlier Versions of Windows' started by speed_king, Apr 23, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. speed_king

speed_king Thread Starter

hi my msn messenger was giving me an error saying msnmessenger.exe is linked to missing export oleaut32.dll:176
    so i downloded a new version of the file and tried copying it to the windows system folder but it doesnt copy and gives an error message saying -
    cannot create or replace OLEAUT32: The specified file is being used by windows

i am using windows 98.

i also tried doing it in safe mode and also tried downloding the dll file 3 times but it didnt work
    what should i do.???
    pls lemme know .thnx in advance.

mail me at : Removed addy...... Not good idea to place your e-mail addy in open forum. Spammers will find it and you will be listed on all kinds of junk.
    Dave

2. Davey7549

Davey7549

Speed_king
    Welcome to TSG!
    You will not be able to replace this dll by copying. You will have to use the extract function. Let us know what your operating system is and instructions for extract can be provided.

Dave

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/223117

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice