1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

OLM to PST conversion???

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by colm_tay, Feb 16, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. colm_tay

colm_tay Thread Starter

Dear folk,

Last month I switched from Outlook for Mac 2011 to Windows Outlook 2010. I found that both the email clients support different file types for storing emails and other mailbox data, i.e. OLM in Outlook for Mac and PST in Windows Outlook. Let's come to the point now.

I need to access my old OLM files in Windows Outlook, but it is not possible without conversion. I searched a lot and came to know about many third-party utilities. Besides them, I found a blog post published about using IMAP to transfer email.

A manual trick is given in this blog post and it can help me import my OLM files' data to a new PST file according to the blogger. But I'm not sure about this. Can you please check the trick and let me know if it would be useful or not?

Thanks. :)

2. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    Hi and welcome to TSG. The 'blog' is very spam like so I have removed the link.

If your question is if you can setup IMAP and and move over your POP3 or archived emails to that type of account for migrating to another computer then absolutely you can do that.

FYI, most email services these day support IMAP or are ActiveSync accounts, using a POP account is something you should rarely use and you'll avoid this problem.

3. colm_tay

colm_tay Thread Starter

What's wrong with you dear? Why did you remove the link of that blog? Now tell me how would I let other users know about the manual trick I was talking about? You should not remove the link of that blog post.

Regards.

4. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1143161

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice