1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Olympus Stylus Tough 8000 Date/Time Stamp

Discussion in 'Digital Photography & Imaging' started by DragonTower, Mar 3, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. DragonTower

DragonTower Thread Starter

Hello!

I joined this forum for just this one problem...

My line of work requires that I take before and after photos of everything I do or photos to support the bidding of work to be done. The resolution is required to be 640x480 and the compression set to normal. Most of the time I am taking 100+ photos per job site. Sometimes completing 3-4 job sites per day. Past cameras I have used (Nikon CoolPix) allow the Date/Time Stamp to be a part of the image which is also required by my line of work.

I have been frustratingly searching for the instructions on how to get the Date/Time Stamp to be a part of the image when it is taken for the Olympus Stylus Tough 8000.

I understand that this information is recorded with the image and that I could use a program of some sort to add the Date/Time Stamp myself but due to the volume of images a software solution would no be viable.

Is there anyone that has used or can help find the instructions for enabling a Date/Time Stamp for this particular camera?

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Thank You.

2. etaf

etaf Moderator

First Name:
    Wayne
  3. DragonTower

I suppose a software application would be workable however, it just creates an unnecessary step. My line of work requires that I upload all images to a web site with other various processes involved. Perhaps a "rough & tough" camera suggestion with a date/time stamp feature?

4. etaf

etaf Moderator

First Name:
    Wayne
    I have not used this - but free and should do it in batch
    http://www.freedownloadscenter.com/Multimedia_and_Graphics/Graphics_Cataloging_Tools/Magitime.html
    BUT BEWARE I HAVE NEVER USED

I used to use this program - again free - excellent for the use i needed
    http://www.irfanview.com/index.htm
    dont have it loaded at the moment
    It has a lot of batch capability - NOT sure if it will add date by batch

OR
    you can buy this
    http://www.batchphoto.com/howto/add-date/add-date.html
    AGAIN
    BUT BEWARE I HAVE NEVER USED

5. DragonTower

Wow, that's great and all, but I was looking for a camera suggestion, not software.

Thanks Anyway.

6. etaf

etaf Moderator

First Name:
    Wayne
    sorry cant help on camera - I have no idea which models will add a date stamp

7. moper

moper

Xnview, which is free, can do that in batch processing. Would only take a few minutes once you get the hang of it. There may be other items you may want to add. It offers quite a selection. See attachment. Also, color, size, and location of the text is up to you. Overwrite, or chose to create new files.

Since all your photos are the same size, once you get it the way you want, you can have it save a 'script' file. (by checking the box you see near the bottom of my attachment and clicking 'Save'.) Next time, you download your recent photos to your working folder, open Xnview, load the script, and your done.

moper

Attached Files:

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/907470

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice