1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

OMG DEALS. I can't decide

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by zantaff, Jan 6, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. zantaff

zantaff Thread Starter

*SOLVED*
    In conclusion: Certain Rosewill series (the Stallion, Green) are very low quality and early on that was all Rosewill had.
    Added to this fact is that Rosewill is Newegg in disguise. Being a budget brand hasn't helped their reputation either, so they dont have a great image among the tech community.

The newer units, like the HIVE are made by a good OEM and are of decent quality.
    Therefore, the HIVE is a good, budget modular PSU, and is the one I purchased.

Obviously there are better PSUs out there. There are vast differences in quality and price of course and a higher end enthusiasts PSU can cost a few hundred dollars.
    I'm looking for good quality at a more reasonable price and this is where the Hive series comes into play.

Ok, I'm REEEEEEALY on the verge of buying the Rosewill Hive 650
    Why? Because it's modular and I HATE all those damn cable in my box.
    But I found 2 other really good deals out there. If you can convince me, I'll take one of the bundled PSU's instead.

Rosewill HIVE 650w - $66 total
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817182132

COOLER MASTER GX Series RS750 - $66 total
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...4F15-F0AA-F85A-CD43-BB41A3D343EE&AID=10440897

CORSAIR Enthusiast Series TX750 - $77 total
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817139021

2. dustyjay

dustyjay

First Name:
    Jay
    Rosewill power supplies are very low quality. to give a proper recommendation we would need to know the rest of your system specs.

3. zantaff

zantaff Thread Starter

I5 3570K
    ASUS P8Z77-V PRO
    $200 range GPU (undecided)

Basically I've figured out what kind of PSU I want and it's down to these three. I've heard good things about Rosewill. It got an excellent review from HERE and has 4/5 on newegg.

4. dustyjay

dustyjay

First Name:
    Jay
    Zantaff you need to stick with one thread concerning the same topic. You have ignored the excellent advice of some very experienced techs. I don't put much faith in the user reviews. Rosewill is the bargain basement brand from New Egg.

5. zantaff

zantaff Thread Starter

That's not it. I'm trying to see WHY Rosewill is bad.
    Just because someone says it is, dosen't mean it's true, no matter how experienced they are. (Not to be rude.)

Obviously there are better PSUs out there. There are vast differences in quality and price of course and a higher end enthusiasts PSU can cost a few hundred dollars. I'm looking for good quality at a more reasonable price and this is where the Hive series comes into play.

It's just confused to me why there seems to be so much disklike on the Hive, even when there has been a professional review giving it high marks.

I'm going to buy the Hive I think. And if it breaks, you can give me a big "i told you so".

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1083944

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice