OMG Fizban's going Skiing..........Any Tips?

Fizban

Hi people,

I'm off on holiday this Saturday and I've never been Skiing before, so does anybody have any useful tips?
I have paid for lessons and I think I will need them, because I'm quite a big guy and I could definitely do with losing a few pounds, so gathering speed wont be an issue, it's stopping and turning I'm worried about.:D

Maybe I play SSX 3 too much but with these lessons I expect by the end off my holiday to be able to do a 720 x 720 dnl Boost, Or do you think I'm expecting too much from my tuition:D

If you don't know what that is check out this link.
http://www.easportsbig.com/games/ssx3/home.jsp

Then click on featured tricks. The 720 x 720 is referring to body rotation,

Should be a piece of cake:D

valis

I used to be a master ski boot fitter, was featured in rolling stone magazine, and I still knew enough to avoid getting on the skis themselves :)

Have fun, be safe, avoid large immovable objects such as trees and lodges, and have a blast. And yes, we will want to see the pictures.

v

Gabriel

Account Closed
valis said:
I used to be a master ski boot fitter, was featured in rolling stone magazine, and I still knew enough to avoid getting on the skis themselves :)

Have fun, be safe, avoid large immovable objects such as trees and lodges, and have a blast. And yes, we will want to see the pictures.

v
None of you as a human snowball though:p :p :)

Fizban said:
Hi people,

I'm off on holiday this Saturday and I've never been Skiing before, so does anybody have any useful tips?
Health Insurance ............and a crap load of Advil :D

valis

Gabriel said:
None of you as a human snowball though:p :p :)
that's why I realized that in every ski party, SOMEONE needs to keep an eye on the lodge. Specifically, hte hot rum toddy parts of hte lodge. And, although it was a tough task, I recognized it's importance and made sure that it was taken care of.

In this type of activity I can only give one piece of advice....

No matter how thirsty you are on the mountain, Dont eat the yellow snow :p:D

Fizban

LOL,

I will try to remember that one OS,

Trust me I've got insurance, it was the first item on my list.:D

As for the photo's I've just taken delivery of my new toy. A new phone with a half decent camera and 512mg of memory so I hope TSG servers are up to it:D

So you will probably get loads of photos of the hotel bar after I break my leg on day one:eek: :D

Remember the wedge. don't get cocky. Don't be afraid to stay on the bunny slope, as everyone starts somewhere. Keep your poles in front of you. Lean forward, not back. Keep your knee's bent. Relax. Remember weight transfer when turning.

I was a ski instructor about 10 years ago, as well as a ranked racer. Any questions, shoot them off.

~Candy~

Retired Administrator
Know in advance the location of the closest hospital :eek:

:)

Stay on flat ground.
Stay away from trees.
Don't drink and ski.
Add my name to you bank account.

Tree skiing is the best, but only allowed in the Rocky Mountains. Well, it is resort specific, so some on the east coast may allow it. I bruised a rib doing that, but I had so much fun and have done it many times since then.

Don't worry about hospitals, that is what ski patrol is for.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online