1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

OMG! Packers get OWNED

Discussion in 'Random Discussion' started by SexyTech, Jan 4, 2003.

Advertisement
  1. SexyTech

SexyTech Thread Starter

WOW!

Who wouldda thought Packers would get SPANKED at home by ATLANTA of all teams!!!

Now the next upset will probably be Cleveland over Pittsburgh!

So far...ABC and CBS are the ones that KNOW DRAMA!

I'm sure glad these games aren't on Turner Television!

2. littlemar

littlemar

I personally don't think the Packers showed up. This was a bogus team that didn't know how to play. I'm still a fan and will always be one but I'm entitled to be disappointed in the poor efforts. :(

3. Rockn

Rockn

Why does the spanking surprise you? Atlanta is a good team with a very mobile quarterback, quick offensive line and Brett is done! And why in god's name did they put Gilbert Brown back in.....the fat tub of goo almost broke a hip when someone cut his legs on his first play....LOL And he is considered an athelete.....more like a sideshow oddity.

4. Mulderator

Mulderator

Whoa! He's the starting Pro Bowl quarterback. I'd take him over any other quaterback in the NFL!!! He's far from done.

5. Rockn

Rockn

OOOOK!! You can take him all you want....he might have another season in him, but I really doubt it. Did you watch the game last night? I guess it was all his offensive lines fault

6. Mulderator

Mulderator

I did watch the game. After the first quarter, I thought Favre was one of the few Packers playing fairly well. He had a number of passes dropped. Also, Packers were missing 3 or 4 very key players for most of the game, including Green. Essentially, the Packers had to be passing from early on and the Falcons knew it. Despite that, I thought Favre did a good job moving the team up and down the field. There are few other QB's in the league that could have done that under those conditions.

7. Rep

Rep

and maybe it will even happen again that Mulder and Rep agree on something.

Mulder
    I will say it again, Mike Vick sure looked good last night. Then again, at age 22 he has been watching Brett since he was 12 or so. He is a class act that can also play football.

8. Toddles18

Toddles18

Gotta give Vick credit. Playing as well as he did with two separated shoulders??? Thats incredible. Favre will be back next year but I think he's coming to the end of his best years. With him gone maybe the lions can win a few games out in Wisconsin......on second thought this is the lions I'm talking about :rolleyes:

9. combsdon

combsdon

OMG.........I had to read mulder's posts twice and like Rep........I have to agree with him. :eek: now that's a scarey thought....;)

10. littlemar

littlemar

I read Mulder's post and the first thought I had was wow!!! I just heard that Brett is having a news conference today at 9:30 am. I'll keep you posted as to what it's about.

BTW, I agree that Brett played well and he can't help it if the ball isn't caught or if there was a really bad snap.

11. littlemar

littlemar

Favre says he'll be back to 'compete for Super Bowl'
    Milwaukee Sentinel Journal

Ending the uncertainty about his future, Brett Favre announced this morning that he'll be back to "compete for a Super Bowl" with the Green Bay Packers next year.

“As I said during the season,” Farve said at a news nference, “I have every intention to come back.”

“Right now I’m playing great. This team has a chance. And I’m having fun,” Favre said.

Favre, 33, spoke often during the season about his thoughts of retirement, and after he skipped his regular post-game news conference following the Packers’ devastating 27-7 wild-card playoff defeat to the Atlanta Falcons Saturday night at Lambeau Field, he created further questions about his future.

On Monday, Favre did not say how much longer he would play but said he had "nothing but great things to look forward to here."

Favre, a three-time MVP who finished second this season to Raiders quarterback Rich Gannon, ended 2002 with two disappointing defeats.

In the regular-season finale, the Packers lost home-field advantage through the playoffs with a 42-17 loss to the New York Jets. Then in the first round of the playoffs, the Packers lost their first game ever at Lambeau Field.

He finished 2002 with 3,658 passing yeards, 27 touchdown passes, a 61.9 completion rate and 85.6 passer rating.

In 11 seasons with the Packers, Favre has started an NFL record 190 consecutive games at quarterback, including 17 playoffs, and he has thrown for 3,000 or more yards a league-best 11 straight seasons.

Despite Favre’s announcement that he’ll be back, the Packers will need to begin seeking a replacement for the day he does retire. This April’s draft is considered rich in quarterbacks, so Green Bay could choose to seek a quarterback in the higher rounds.

12. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/111453

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice