1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

OMG pwned! NewEgg Hardware Options?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Abel1337, Oct 13, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Abel1337

Abel1337 Thread Starter

I was looking for some opinions about new egg from my fellow forum members. Have you guys bought from there? What was your story/experience? Do you plan on buying again? [​IMG]

I just wanted to get everything in perspective before I make a purchase of 1000 dollars. Thanks[​IMG]

2. BG-0

BG-0

I'll be suprised if you find anymore than a few members who will say that newegg in general is not good/great/excellent.

3. JSanguancheu

JSanguancheu

Been using them since they first started in CA. Never had a problem.

They've since expanded and now have a distribution site in NJ as well. Unfortunately, that was bad news for me as that meant I now had to pay state sales tax. oh well, still fairly good prices especially with the ever changing Free Shipping and Mail in Rebate items.

I've never had need to use their Customer Service dept, but I hear it's very good.

Unless you live far away from one of their distribution points, regular shipping usually takes only a few days.

4. Alex Ethridge

Alex Ethridge

That's where I have gotten most of my parts for about 6 years or more. No complaints.

5. xtreampb

xtreampb

I know this is a rare case. I personally had a problem with new Egg with a Hard Drive that i baught and was shipped here. I pluged in the hard drive and i couldn't get it to work. I sent it back and they gave me my money back (it was with in the 30 day period). My friend also had a problem with a hard drive he bought from new egg. Other than that one hard drive, my whole computer is built from parts from them. So yea if you do have a problem, their costumer service is one of the best that I know of.

6. pc_jeri

pc_jeri

Excellent customer service. I've built 3 home PCs with almost every part from Newegg. Prices are good sometimes the lowest but often the convenience of purchasing all from one source is worth a few extra dollars.

7. BG-0

BG-0

I hardly think that a bad hard drive is newegg's fault... If you received that same faulty drive from another vendor, it wouldn't be anything else.

8. crjdriver

crjdriver Moderator

I use the egg quite often and I have always been very pleased with their service. I have had to RMA a few items however it was no problem.

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/758711

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice