1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

omni DMP 101 cant access hd files in TV mode

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by lynne24seven, Jul 3, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. lynne24seven

lynne24seven Thread Starter

Hi People of the tech world. I have just brought an omni DMP 101 media player which I had hoped would allow me to take my Photos music and videos on holiday with me to show to family members who don't have a pc .
    Problem: I attached media to pc via USB 2 pc recognised Samsung hard disk and installed hardware. I copied the files to the new HD then checked on the computer to make sure they were really there . Then I attached Av cable to TV and external power to player . Message on screen to say initialising then a ping sound then a screen with the word root highlighted. Pressed the photo button on the provided remote and a message came up no file in this mode. the same for the music and video buttons.
    The player can also read memory cards .It played the video files from my memory stick and the photos but when I tried to copy them to the hard disk a message came up to say it was copying to hd and to press stop to abort. I had one thirty second video file and three photos when nothing had happened for fifteen minutes I pressed the stop to abort but nothing happened and i had to turn off the player to stop it.
    The manual that came with this product is useless.

Specs;

power adapter; 5VCD/2A
    Hard Disk ; 1.8`/2.5`
    CF?SD?MMC?
    MS ;4mg to1gb
    interface :USB2.0
    USB R/W
    Speed ;480Mb/s
    File Type ;FAT32/16
    File Format ;mpeg-1,mpeg-2,mpeg-4,MP3,JPEG,WMA
    Support OS
    (USB2.0) ; windows 2000,XP (no driver)
    Video out
    System ;Pal/NTSC
    Out Interface ;VGA. AV, Stereo
    Dimension ;154mm x90mm x20mm

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/591219