1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

OmniPage 17

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by brucefl56, Dec 19, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. brucefl56

brucefl56 Thread Starter

Hopefully I have the right place. I have OmniPage 17, though I have never been very good at using omni page I think I may have changed a setting.
    When I scan in B&W the back ground is completely black and the words appear white. Seems somehow I may have inverted something in omnipage? When I scan in my regular software it seems to be ok.
    I can not seem to find a reset for omnipage other than a few places where it defaults.
    Appreciate any help. thanks Bruce

2. DaveA

DaveA Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    David
    I never use the "Black and White" mode as I have never found any advantage to using it.
    I have tried it a time or two, but it had more errors than use any of the other modes, I normally use the color mode, and it seems to work out the best.

Back to your problem, change the default to be Color or gray scale, and the change it back to B&W, and see if that resets things.

I no longer have 17, I am running 18 and it is a bit different.

3. brucefl56

brucefl56 Thread Starter

I know there must be something there. The problem is I am scanning older documents that have a pretty yellowish tint to them. In order to get the backgroud white and better recognition then I go b&w so when it does the recognition it works better. In Trying to fine tune, I somewhere set the B&w to be inverted. I can not seem to find a way to reset OP17 back to the factory specs.

4. DaveA

First Name:
    David
    I have found that the older (yellowish) documents OCR better in the color mode.

OK, I found in the Options and then the Process Tab, about mid pane, there is a"Retain text and background color" vs. "Retain Reverted text".

On my version 18 the first one is checked.

5. brucefl56

brucefl56 Thread Starter

Thanks, I had found that, it did not change anything. I went into the scanner wizard and their seems to be some sort of reset. Which cured the problem. I will have try the color mode it may work better. I just tried the grayscale.

6. DaveA

First Name:
    David
    True, the color is slower in scanning, but it does a higher bit scan so the wording is clearer.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1031988

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice