omscan

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

terryxp

Anybody know how to disable this service in XP pro? Its not listed under windows services anywhere, I think its something to do with mail routing or something, but in windows event viewer there is always an error for "omscan failed to start, file could not be found." Did a search of the reg and found it all over the place, but I just want to know how to disable it, or keep windows from trying to start it at bootup.........

It is an old HP utility, which is no longer available. Run SYSEDIT and check for it in SYSTEM.INI and WIN.INI.

terryxp

Hey Dan-O...
Nope, nothing to do with omscan there. Wonder why I'd have an old HP utility on here, being it's a custom PC with clean install of XP Pro??Hmmm... any other ideas? I'm befuddled.

terryxp

Its listed under windows services in the reg, but thats all I have found

terryxp

Worked fine... I had that key identified, but I wanted to get more info on what exactly omscan was and if I needed it for anything, which it seems I dont, so whammo... its gone. We'll see if it mucks anything up, though I doubt it.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online