1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved On and Off Glitching Computer Screen

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Deletedmember941895, Oct 31, 2018.

Unmark Solved
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Deletedmember941895

Deletedmember941895 Guest Thread Starter

Ok, so my hp laptop that I've had for two years has started glitching. But for some reason, this will happen, then stop, then happen, and on and on. It drives me crazy! I've tried a few things on my own like updating drivers, checking for incompatible apps, and seeing if it only glitches when the screen moves. No luck. Can you please help me out???

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.4
    OS Version: Microsoft Windows 10 Home, 64 bit
    Processor: Intel(R) Celeron(R) CPU N3050 @ 1.60GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 76 Stepping 3
    Processor Count: 2
    RAM: 1905 Mb
    Graphics Card: Intel(R) HD Graphics, 1024 Mb
    Hard Drives: C: 28 GB (3 GB Free);
    Motherboard: HP, 80BF
    Antivirus: Avast Antivirus, Enabled and Updated

2. lunarlander

lunarlander

Is it only gliching only during games? Or a specific application ? Usually games tends to show problems because the game developers write their own graphics engine.

3. managed

managed Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    Allan
    As a test can you connect an external Monitor to the laptop to see if that shows the same problem ?

4. Deletedmember941895

It's been flickering and glitching just about whenever, random times. But I figured out that it only does it when the CPU is high. The external monitor doesn't flicker when I hook it up. What could be causing this?

5. managed

First Name:
    Allan
    It could be heat related if high Cpu causes it. Post the full model name of the laptop please.

6. Deletedmember941895

I'm not too sure, but here's what I got: HP Notebook M2C62UA#ABA. And I don't think it's heat related because it never gets hot. Although sometimes my laptop will glitch out and flicker right when I open it from sleep. Is this a hardware issue?

7. managed

First Name:
    Allan
    Seems you have this model :- https://support.hp.com/gb-en/document/c04941651

It does look like a hardware issue to me. Might be the connector from motherboard to screen or a faulty screen.
    Would you be willing to open the laptop up ? If not you can either live with it, take it to a repair shop or replace it.

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1218560

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice