1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

On and off non responsive mouse

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Bobby2, Jan 26, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Bobby2

Bobby2 Thread Starter

I bought a MS Wireless Optical Mouse some time ago. The installation was not a problem, however I have a very strange problem in that for no apparent reason sometimes the mouse will have no or very delayed responsiveness to clicks and scrolls.

This is very annoying and when I use the spirit of the irritation built up to press the button harder this will most often on 3rd or 4th occasion get the mouse in action. After a while it the non responsiveness stops (10 minutes to one hour) and the mouse will work fine again. It is not normally a problem on start up.

I have changed batteries, reset the mouse "receiver", installed more RAM (now have 512 MB) and nothing has helped.

Can anyone out there please help me as this is very frustrating.

Finally, if I use the keyboard (when possible) there is no delay, only when using the mouse (so if I cannot scroll with the mouse there is no problem using the arrows up and done for example)...

Thanks in advance to anyone who can help! Will be much appreciated.

Brgds
    Bobby

2. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

FWIW, I just had a similar issue with my Logitech cordless optical mouse. I finally took it apart and it has several really huge dust bunnies blocking the scrolling wheel. Cleaned it out, and all is well. :)

3. Bobby2

Bobby2 Thread Starter

Thanks for the suggestion. Hwr, the problem cannot be dust as the problem has been there since the mouse was new.

If anybody else has a suggestion would welcome this very much.

Tks
    Bobby2

4. houseworksux

houseworksux

I have a wireless - bought it for company presentations and only use it when I am in between other 'mice' cuz it doesn't suit my purposes for general use.

I had an issue with other electronic interference - for some reason, it would not work properly if I had my clock radio close to it! Seriously! I was communicating with logitech and the first thing they told me to look for was some sort of outside electronic interference - and ... well it sounds silly, but it worked!

Maybe you have something nearby ?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/198147

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice