On Board Graphics socket busted

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

junglejorge

hello guys,

my neighbor yanked on the monitor cable that plugs into the back of her pc a little too hard and broke it. it wont show any graphics up on the screen. i have an old matrox pci video card i put in hoping that her xp home would recognize and add the device. can you guys help? she has had her computer for less than a year and now its dead.

i powered up the pc with my pci v/c in. i noticed that the monitor powers up but no graphics.

your help is appreciated :)

Does the PC still boot up?

It should beep once (most usually do) and the keyboard lights should toggle with Caps Lock etc when booted.

There must be a possibility of physical motherboard damage?

JohnWill

Retired Moderator
You might also have to move a jumper on the MB to disable the on-board graphics capability.

junglejorge

hello kiwiguy and johnwill,

the pc boots up and keyboard/mouse lights toggle. on the jumper to disable onboard graphic------------------------THANK YOU, the pc is a dell, i will go to the dell website and look for a pdf. :) :) :) :)

thanks guys (y)

junglejorge

well guys, i went to the dell site and found the online user manual for the pc. no where in the manual or in the index does it have information on disabling the onboard graphics.

here's the link - http://support.dell.com/support/edocs/systems/dim2350/k0511bk0.pdf

i can't find any info. there, they have on online chat support option but it is unavailable :(

i looked over the mobo to see what info. i could read under the jumper's and this mobo has only a couple, one to clear the cmos, one for the password and thats it.

is there a way to use one of the other legacy ports to get video?

thanks for your help guys

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online