On board lan won't work

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

DeconX

Hi, All
I have an Asus p4c800-e Deluxe Mobo, with intel/pro 10/100/1000, on board lan. I can't get it to connect. Here is what Ive done so far. Updated the drivers, unistalled and reinstalled them quite a few times, still won't work. I did have an ethernet card laying around, put that in and that connected ok no problem. I can keep using the card, that works fine, but it bugs me that the on board lan won't work, after all I did pay for it. Itried Asus tec support , never heard from them. Went to the Intel site and saw in the Q&A about what cable to use,could that be the problem? I'm using cat5e.

Any help wil be greatly apreaiated
Thank You much in Advance

pugmug

Banned
cat 5 or 6 should not matter,are you using ASUS driver or Intel driver?

If it's a new board return it for another one, and quit worrying about it.
It should have fired up immediately, just like the Ethernet card you put in.
Cat 5 is fine for just about everything.

Have you checked the BIOS to see if it is enabled?
Does it show up in device manager?

DeconX

I've had the board for about a year now. It's got a 3 year warrenty. I was hoping I would'nt have to send it back. UGH!

DeconX

One thing I forgot to mentoin is, in the device manger under properties it says it working fine

One trick you may want to try is to delete it in the device manager and reboot. Sometimes if there is an IRQ conflict windoze will reinstall the device upon reboot and resolve the conflict.

send it back thats all you can really do, on board is much better in most cases to pci card. Had a Gigabyte mobo that the same thing happened after about 2 months

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online