1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

On-Board Sound on Asus P4P800S-X Board

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by XeroVariX, Nov 24, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. XeroVariX

XeroVariX Thread Starter

Hello All,

I've been having this issue while playing games lately. I just got an Intel 2.8Ghz Prescott with 1Gig of DDR ram and I'm now using an ATI Radeon 9950 by Sapphire (256MB DDR). I dont have a sound card so I'm using the one on-board that comes with the Asus P4P800S-X motherboard (SoundMax).
    While im playing a game after a reboot, everything is fine for about a minute, then the video starts lagging and lagging and getting worse and worse. Its like it locks up more and more, and the sound cuts alot. To the point that its not even close to being fun playing anymore. The game im playing is Guild Wars which requires alot less than I have. I also talk on Skype at the same time and when I'm fighting 4 or more guys, I cant even hear anything on Skype. I have a 3mbps connection on cable. And this is with the game graphics at the lowest.
    Now get this... If I disable the audio in the Bios, and load up the game with full graphics... smooth nice game play... I've tested playing a long time and its perfect with no lag at all. Now I'm guessing that is pretty conclusive... Should I get a Sound Blaster Live! 5.1 or could it still be something else? Conflicts? Im also running windows xp sp2.

Thanks for taking the time...

XeroVariX

--=<{ SYSTEM CONFIGURATION }>=--

CPU: Pentium 4 2.8GHz 800Mhz FSB
    MEMORY: 1Gig DDR400 RAM
    MOTHERBOARD: Asus P4P800S-X Intel Chipset 800Mhz FSB
    CASE: 450 Watt Power Supply
    VIDEO CARD: Sapphire ATI Radeon 9550 256MB DDR (AGP)
    HARD DRIVE: Quantum Fireball 40GIG 7200RPM
    2ND HARD DRIVE: Western Digital 80GIG 7200RPM
    DVD-R DRIVE: LG 16X DVD Burner
    SOUND CARD: SoundMAX Integrated Digital Audio
    NETWORK CARD: On-Board Realtek RTL8139 Family (PCI)
    MONITOR: Viewsonic 17" M70B
    KEYBOARD: 101/102 Key PS/2
    MOUSE: Logitech MX510 Optical Mouse (USB)
    CONNECTION: 3Mbit Cable

2. kiwiguy

kiwiguy

Have you loaded the motherboard makers sound chip drivers, or is it just limping along on the default Windows drivers? Might make a difference.

3. XeroVariX

XeroVariX Thread Starter

It wouldnt work with windows drivers, so I tried the ones on the cd and the ones on the web site (which were the same version) and they both do the same thing. :(

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/419647

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice